Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Teen Spirituality-Alison's Story

As I've been talking about 'teen spirituality' I came across this video made by one of my video production students.  The video has Alison sharing her story of dealing with an eating disorder and how her relationship with God has made a difference for her.  This is real-life, practical stuff.  Regardless of whether an eating disorder is what you struggle with or not it's cool to hear how a real-life teen has partnered with God to not just make it through the day, but to also look for ways to encourage others.

She would be the first to say that she is not perfect or done with struggles.  That is the kind of reality we all live in: we are works in progress.  The fancy word for that is being 'sanctified.'  I hope you are encouraged by the 'work in progress' that God is doing in Alison.

2 comments:

  1. this is Alison by the way.
    I finally had a chance to look at your blog...im addicted. I'm so honored that you posted this video here. I thank you. God has been putting many more ideas in my head of how I can share my story more and encourage those struggling or dealing with an eating disorder.
    I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! In so many ways I feel that tragedy is often the most profound way that God makes us who we are. It's not only amazing that He can heal us, but then he turns tragedy on its head and gives us the chance to love others in ways we never could had we not gone through all of it.

    ReplyDelete